Creative Learning with North Norfolk Exhibition Project Art Workshops
Creative Learning sits at the heart of the North Norfolk Exhibition Project Art Workshop programme. It aims to expand our outreach and to support the community by fostering a wider exposure to the visual arts along the North Norfolk Coast.
With a team of arts-based learning professionals we create hands-on opportunities to engage with artists and academics in order to provide schools and the wider community with new and exciting avenues of engagement.
From exciting one-off tasters, pop-up or on-going experiential arts-based ‘make and take’ specialty day workshops, our work nurtures curiosity and enriches learning, which we believe is a lifelong entitlement for all.
Our guiding principles for creative learning should:
· Place participants in the creative driving seat – EMPOWERMENT
· Be artist-facilitated with participants working alongside artists
· Be accessible and inclusive to all regardless of age, ability or background
· Be fun, significant, influential and inspirational
· Give participants rich, inspirational encounters with the arts and artists
· Unite people by offering shared experiences
Within rural communities there often exists a poor cultural infrastructure. North Norfolk Exhibition Project seeks to address this and to show that the value of art is not only for the elite. We also aim to increase the opportunities for professional artists to be role models for young people so they can envision career options, and support opportunities to develop creative resilience.
North Norfolk Exhibition Project Art Workshop programme could include:
· Activities which enable young people to develop a sense of place and pride in their locality
· Adventurous, hands on interactive activities – things that cannot be achieved in a school environment
· Messy making and creative arts/crafts activities
· Creating shared large-scale drawings
· Using clay to create artefacts
· Portraits at the North Norfolk Exhibition Project
· Walk in the environment, learn to ‘see’ and make in response to surroundings
· Concertina Book making